Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Iconic for Spring 2015 RTW - Rochas Tinsel Fringe Slingbacks

It often happens that I see an image of a shoe "in action" and I instantly fall in love.

I have to have it.

And when that shoe is an iconic shoe from the runway that season, I'm even more covetous.

Such was the case when I saw this shot of Anna Dello Russo and Giovanna Battaglia (a personal fave), wearing the two-tone fringe slingbacks from the Rochas Spring/Summer 2015 Ready To Wear show.

Instant Smitten Kitten here.



Seriously amazing all around.  The design balance of the shoe's elements is amazing -  the delicate enamel and crystal work on the heel contrasts with the wide slingback strap and the unruly explosion of fiber and crystal and metallic fringe.




These shoe are explosion of joy, sparkle and shine. A fitting counterpoint to the delicate florals exploding into the Spring season.



Aside: I love these illustrations of the collection from artist Andrea Havlicek de Sanchez





I probably will not wear mine with ribbed socks, but I will be wearing them!


No comments: