Friday, August 12, 2011

Instant Access - 8/1 - 8/12

Sorry for the quietness around here, folks.  As you saw in my previous post, I was away for a little R&R at my favorite hotel in one of my favorite cities.

The special occasion?  My birthday!

I wore a crazy headpiece for the occasion. 


With a big poofy skirt and sparkly Manolos!


Because we were going away for the trip (and lovely spa time), my gifty-gifts were small but fun... two kate spade iPhone cases I wanted!



Oh, and delicious vegan truffles that were inhaled asap!


I pulled out my favorite luggage - my dreamy Dooney & Burke heart case and packed it with the essentials - books, pink playing cards, a swim suit, strappy sandals and a floaty mullet skirt.


When we got to Asheville, we found the most gorgeous new bookstore - Battery Park Book Exchange & Champagne Bar.


Vintage books, champagne bar and dog-friendly.  It really is perfection


The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa is really amazing.  Filled with history, gorgeous furnishings and a world-class spa.


And you can't beat the views...



Asheville is an amazing town for food, especially if you are vegan.  We ate at all our favorites including a new addition, Rosetta's Kitchen.  The vegan queso is truly delish as was the tempeh reuben that I had.



Did I mention the liquid truffle and the sipping chocolate with rose from French Broad Chocolate Lounge?


Hotel picnic!


It was an amazing few days.  Can I go back now???

I had some fancy fingers too - this is Deborah Lippmann's Glitter In The Air over Essie's Borrowed & Blue.


And the best "pretty pretty princess magical unicorn" pink glitter manicure - OPI's Teenage Dream.


I also rocked the messy ballerina bun.


But now I'm back to reality and dealing with boring stuff like car repairs and catching up with work.  But the trip isn't a distant memory yet.  I'm still lingering in the birthday fun vibes.

Hope you had a happy week too!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

I especially like the pink glitter manicure :) It looks as if you dipped your fingers into sugar and honey :)

Anonymous said...

Belated Birthday Poochy!! It looks like you had a lavish & luxurious time!!

ps: take me with you next time?! please please please!!

Frances

Vixel said...

Happy Birthday, looks like a fabulous way to celebrate!

That liquid truffle sounds like the single most amazing thing ever.

reeha@cheap designer ahndbags said...

I like the nail polish eating meals, hmmmmmmmm, brings water on my tongue