Sunday, November 28, 2010

Forgetting the Feel of the Keys

Wow.  It's been almost a week since I've written anything.  And nearly a week since I've been on the computer at all. I've almost forgotten how the keyboard feels.

A short holiday work week is a hectic one. And this past one was no exception. I was in such a rush on Tuesday that I ate something that made me terribly sick.  Even now I've eaten only bits here and there and lost about 10 pounds a these few days.  Not smart or cool.

But the time away was a good breather.  The Thanksgiving holiday can be a great break.  It's a short holiday but one that nearly everyone in my working sphere has off so you get very little outside chatter for a solid 4 - 5 days.  Miraculous.

While I worked in between being sick on Wednesday, and Thursday was crammed full of dinner and house preparations, Friday, Saturday and Sunday were long stretches of empty freedom.  We didn't feel the need to venture out or expose ourselves to the shopping mania.  There was no Black Friday in this house. Instead we loafed around with the pets.  Watched hours of Lie to Me, The Tudors and old movies.

Errands stayed undone.  The dogs got long walks in the Park.  Crisp air and sunny skies. We went to a live poetry reading and drank hot chocolate.  The days of going from full sun at 2:30 to darkness at 5:00 do little to make me want to accomplish much of anything.

The next few weeks will be a flurry of fitting in work before the end of the year holidays are here.  Parties and baking and gatherings and performances. Then time to reflect and come up with goals for the new year.

I hope you all had a happy and peaceful holiday.  I'm thankful for your interest, your comments, and to be here.

No comments: