Thursday, July 30, 2009

Match made in Heaven

Everyone is buzzing and it's not just a sugar high.

Nope, it's about one of the best collaborations I could think of. Louboutin and Ladurée. Le Sigh.



Vogue reports:

Not content with making our hearts go all aflutter with his divine shoe designs, Christian Louboutin has got together with Laduree in what must be one of the best fashion/food collaborations ever: the French designer has created gift boxes for the legendary patisserie.

Delight in opening one of three beautifully decorated boxes adorned in jewel-hued Louboutin shoes and purses - the lid of which looks like someone has already got to them first with a torn trompe l'oeil effect.




Inside, the flavours of the macaroons take on a Mediterranean twist, created by pastry chef Philippe Andrieu.

Available from September 11, take your pick - or collect them all - from three designs and accompanying sizes. From £9.80 for a box of six.


Okay, seriously, I'm tired of this. It makes me so jealous when a combo like this happens and there is no way I can be a part of it. Grrr...!!!

I'd love the standard Ladurée macaroons but this... this is too much! Get me to Paris stat!

2 comments:

jennine said...

oh my god... is that what heaven is made of?

Anonymous said...

I'm a student studying in Paris and I'm literally obsessed with Christian Louboutin. It's beyond the point of help, seriously. I already own 2 pairs at 18...anyways I bought the box and the biscuits the other day and if there is a way I can send you the photo, because honestly, it's art! Edible art, edible Louboutin art, seriously, match made in heaven!