Sunday, May 17, 2009

More More More New York

So I've tried to be a good blogger while I'm on the road but in spite of having my handy new mini HP (which I'm using right now) I have still been totally slack and quite a slug. On Thursday when I came in I was feeling a bit homesick but haven't had a chance to anymore because I've been running around so much and meeting so many people in person finally!

Yesterday Sarah (Miss @StyleIt) graciously invited me to be her "plus 1" to the Dolce and Gabbana Pat MacGrath make-up event at Saks. Sarah did a great post about the event here. We both got a lovely session with the talented artists. I had dashed down there from my hotel, got to stay for about 40 minutes and had to dash back out. Luckily Sarah got to stay longer and came away with quite a selection, so check out her full review!



I bolted back down to Grand Central to meet Miss WendyB to go to some crazy sounding place called Spuyten Duyvil. Okay, it's actually a stop in Riverdale but I didn't know if she was kidnapping me to sell off out of the back of some hookah bar or something!



By they way, I totally feel I am not living up to my shoe reputation because I've been wearing flats all over the place and not heels. What's that about?!? I'm from car driving country so I'm a wimp. But at least I'm not wearing big touristy sneakers and have a camera or a fanny pack!

While in Riverdale, I got a new dress that has a great yellow and black pattern (soon to be showcased when I get home and have more shoe options) and met some cute ladies and cats. Actually I liked the ladies so much that even though Wendy ditched us, we still all went to a yummy fun dinner and cute bar. Our dinner waiter plied us with drinks and desserts so you can't beat that, even if it did start to pour down rain right when I was trying to catch a cab.

Today I got up late ate some more NY bagels and decided to head over to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I don't think I'd been there in a good 12 years, so if you are also on Twitter I'm sorry for all the crazy TwitPics I've spammed you with.

My favorite parts were the medieval unicorns, the armor room and this plate which reads: He who washes the head of an ass wastes the soap.



Truer words have never been spoken, right?

Actually this Joan MirĂ³ painting may be my new favorite thing. It's called "This is the Color of my Dreams."




Isn't it amazing?

Lucky me, Miss Wendy met me at the museum so we could see the new Model as Muse exhibit. Personally I thought it was a bit of a stretch compared to the premise they presented. The whole point of the exhibit was that models influenced fashion but, at least based on the show, it seemed to be more about models and photography not really designers and models working together. Frankly it felt a little flat and superficial to me. Some pretty photos though.

Afterwards I had lovely dinner with Wendy and then got to meet her sweetie pups and Mr. B. I know it's been said before but Wendy's even more fun in person! And cute! Yes, it's disgustingly true. I'm trying not to hate her for it!

No seriously, I luv her!

Now, what shall we do tomorrow???

5 comments:

WendyB said...

This made me laugh Snapple out my nose! "I didn't know if she was kidnapping me to sell off out of the back of some hookah bar or something!"

TheShoeGirl said...

I totally know what you mean about your shoe rep. I hate the idea of being caught in flats (GASP) but I mean, a girls gotta be comfortable!

;)

Lisa said...

It sounds like you're having so much fun! I can vouch for Wendy's in-person awesomeness--she's such a sweetheart. :-)

Frankie said...

So glad you're having an amazing time! x

Dream Sequins said...

It looks like you had an amazing time. I saw the snaps on WendyB's blog! Awesome!