Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thank You

I just wanted to post a brief note and say thank you to everyone.

All of your support, kind words and good wishes have meant more to me than you know. I know it has been a while since I wrote anything here but I have been checking in with and following along with many of you on Twitter, your sites and Facebook. It has kept me from focusing on my sadness.

As I'm sure was evident, this has been a very hard time. It's hard to explain how painful this situation has been. I've experienced sadness and loss before but I have never felt such grief or felt as bereft as I currently do.

Right now I am getting up and going to work because I have to. The husband and I have been taking care of the other pets and he has been doing major work to keep our two girls, Meg and Gertie safe going forward. Sadly they are feeling the loss as keenly and have kept themselves inside the coop since Saturday. We hope that they will begin to feel more secure soon.

It is hard to know that each day I will no longer see Napoleon. That I will no longer get to talk with him or hold him or see him running over to me. It's even harder to know that I wasn't around to stop his murder and that there is nothing I can do to help him or bring him back. It's hard to disassociate this from the fact that I continue to live in that same place and that each day will remind me of him and what happened. He was such a huge part of our lives. It's hard to know how to go forward without him in it.

I'm trying to find my way back. It is slow but I hope it will be soon.

Again... thank you.

Poochie

6 comments:

delete this said...

(hugs) - which is all I can say through words.

Anonymous said...

In some ways, these kinds of losses are the hardest. No one knows what it was like to see Napoleon everyday and take care of him but you guys, and that can be so hard to relate to people.

You have my deepest sympathies and love being sent your way.

Robin said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Napoleon was a beautiful, beautiful boy.

We lost one of our hens when the neighbor's dog scaled the fence last summer, and it was so hard - especially for my significant other - I don't know what I would do if the dog had taken my rooster (billy bob) - one backyard coop to another, I feel for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I am merely a non-cube cubewall away when you wanna vent...

Poochie said...

You all are so wonderful.

Thank you!

Luv
Poochie

Katie said...

my heart goes out to you in this awful time. you and napoleon are in my thoughts.