Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I was feeling kind of soft and dreamy today. It gave me the opportunity to wear my new grey suede and pink satin Head Over Heel pumps. It's still pretty chilly but I don't have a ton of white sweaters. So I wore my vintage Izod v-neck sweater over a white camisole. My pleated skirt from Target is the same delicate shade of grey as the heels. I also wore a necklace of pink quartz.



These heels are so soft and happen to be very very comfortable. I just worry that I will blemish them somehow. They are just almost too pretty to be worn.



I love the birdies...




The Focal Point
I hope this doesn't make it too gimmcky. It might, but oh well.

I was inspired by a Susie Bubble purchase. The ever-delightful Susie found these charming bird headbands from Buddug. I will totally admit that I am using her idea. Her headbands are adorable and I may still order some from her. They are not expensive at all and her birdies are so pretty. I actually had gone to Michael's for some other things and got some birds and butterflies made of feathers and wood to make headbands and some hair combs. This dove was one that I had left over from another project.

The headband is a simple skinny band with faux pearls all along it. All I had to do was glue-gun the bird to the band and in 20 seconds I was done. I got birds in soft colors like pink and orange and made a whole bunch to wear. I like the lighter tones to go with my Spring wardrobe. Susie's crow would be good for Fall or with an evening outfit.



The funniest thing to me is that I walked into my office wearing the headband and wore it all day. I didn't get a lot of comments asking what was going on with me wearing a bird on my head. I've come to the realization that my co-workers think I'm totally nuts and have just decided to humor me. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

No comments: