Thursday, September 6, 2007

10022 - Shoes

I am so jealous that the 8th floor shoe department in Saks Fifth Avenue NYC is opening up and I won't be there any time soon! I love that they are investing in decor and a cafe and shoe repair. They are really bringing back a level of service worthy of these works of art and understanding that these all are a part of the buying experience.

I wish more stores would enhance their stores because even a small measure of improvement would make a huge difference in ambiance.



What you may not know is that this store in a store is getting its own zip code. I'm not sure it's really that big, but what a great marketing idea.

Plus they have commissioned a series of limited edition stamps:

Exclusive Shoe Stamps
Hot off the press and creating a buzz...Saks Fifth Avenue's Limited Edition shoe stamps, commissioned in celebration of our spectacular new shoe floor, 10022-SHOE, in the New York store. This collectible series of twenty official stamps features dramatic artwork from some of your favorite designers including Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, Valentino, Fendi, ChloƩ, Giuseppe Zanotti and more. Quantities are limited so order today.




Yeah, I ordered two sets, but they look cool. And as I've said, I'm a sucker for anything "Limited Edition". I will probably use one set as wall art and maybe make a set of cards or something with the other set. Nothing as plebeian as using them just for postage.

Another reason I need to go to NYC asap!

No comments: